Resident is obligated to pay rent through the end of the Lease Term even if Resident vacates earlier, and regardless of the circumstances (unless otherwise stated in this Lease Agreement), including but not limited to voluntary or involuntary school withdrawal or transfer, voluntary or involuntary job transfer, marriage, separation, divorce, reconciliation, loss of co-residents, loss of employment, bad health, or death. If Landlord finds a replacement resident before the end of the Resident's term, Resident will receive a credit for the rent paid by the replacement resident. The amount of rent for which Resident will be responsible will vary depending upon how long it takes the Landlord to find a replacement resident. This amount cannot be determined in advance and is difficult to estimate. To avoid this uncertainty, Resident may choose to pay a flat fee in advance to terminate the lease early, rather than remaining liable for rent due through the end of the lease term. To exercise this option, Resident must deliver to Landlord:
• a written notice stating that Resident has elected to exercise this option;
• an early termination option fee equal to $1500 ; and
• rent and other amounts due through the accelerated termination date. When Landlord has received the written notice and payment, and has signed the notice, the Lease termination date will be amended. The new termination date will be the date specified in the notice which must be at least thirty (30) days after the written election and payment are given to Landlord. Exercise of the early termination option will affect only Resident's rent obligations after the accelerated termination date; 5 Resident must comply with all other Lease obligations, including but not limited to payment of lost rent, rental commissions, advertising expenses, and painting costs necessary to ready the Unit and Premises for re-rental.
The notice will not accelerate the termination date if:
• Resident is in default under the Lease Agreement at the time that Resident gives notice of Resident's exercise of the option;
• Resident provides the notice unaccompanied by the fee above; or
• Resident does not properly exercise the early termination option by following the procedure specified above, but vacates the Unit/ Premises before the termination date specified in the Lease. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Resident may terminate this Lease before the expiration date specified in Lease paragraph 1 if:
• Resident becomes a member of the Armed Forces of the United States after Resident enters into the Lease; or
• Resident is or becomes a member of the Armed forces of the United States and receives: 1. Orders for a permanent change of station;
Or paragraph 2. Orders to deploy for a period of at least 90 days. Resident must give Landlord written notice of termination, and the termination date must be at least 30 days after the first date on which the next rental payment is due and payable. Resident must furnish Landlord with proof to establish that Resident qualifies for this limited exception. Proof may consist of:
(ii)a copy of the official permanent change-of-station orders; or
(iii)a copy of the deployment letter or order that warrants lease termination.
Military permission for base housing does not constitute a permanent change of-station order.